This is an easy recipe that takes a boring white cake to another level. My nanny (grandmother) made this when I was younger and it’s always been a favourite. My favourite way to serve it: With local strawberries (readily available this time of year) or with maple syrup poured over top. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 hot milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Put eggs in a bowl and beat well. Add sugar, beating in a little at a time until it is thick and fluffy (or use the mixer)
- Stir in flour, baking powder.
- Heat milk and butter and beat into batter quickly.
- (ETA – thanks Andrea for letting me know!) Put batter in 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.