With Halloween upon us, I wanted to share a few of my tips that I have learned over the years – I have always loved Halloween, and after kids that love continued. But I have learned a few things over the years that make Halloween go a little smoother for all of us.
If you missed my Facebook Live where I shared them, you can watch it on YouTube. A few are summarized below.
Halloween Tips for Parents:
- Feed the kids healthy snacks when they get home from school – they likely have been eating a lot of junk in the classroom, and after trick-or-treating, they’ll be eating more! I also avoid juice/sugary drinks.
- If you have company coming over, consider feeding the kids supper first. Sometimes, when we wait for guests to arrive, they are too busy playing and wanting to get their costumes on to focus on anything else!
- While little pumpkin holders are super cute, they get heavy very quickly. Bring a back to dump full containers into so you can keep on going!
- The first thing to get cold on my kids is their hands! Bring gloves, even if they insist they will be fine.
- Review the candy when it comes home and ditch anything you don’t want them to have. They’ll be happy with all the other stuff, and if it’s gone, they won’t eat it later!