Happy Valentine’s Day!
It’s changed a little since we’ve had kids right? Our hearts have grown thanks to our love for them and our Valentine’s Days have typically become about filling out class Valentines and celebrating as a family. We’ve grown to love our little tradition of having a fancy meal together.
If you have toddlers and preschoolers at home today, or need some activities to do when the kids get home to celebrate with them (and don’t have time or energy to do something elaborate) don’t worry! I have you covered.
Here are some last minute Valentine’s Day activities you can do with the kids today.
1) For younger kiddos, print out this Valentine’s Day printable letter activity and do it together. It’s a great way to talk about letters and sounding things out.
2) Plan a ‘fancy’ family-friendly dinner. Don’t worry about the menu, stick with whatever you already had planned on, but make things fancy by setting the table with pretty china, using special cups for everyone’s drinks, and lighting candles (if the kids are older or not likely to play with them!)
3) Make place mats! We’ll be doing this after school to use for our fancy dinner. Use paper that is longer than 8×11 if you have it. If not, stick with whatever paper or construction paper you have and decorate for each person at the table.
4) Bake cookies together! Use this sugar cookie recipe and cut out heart shaped cookies and make pink icing to put on top. If you have a teddy bear cookie cutter AND a small heart cookie cutter, you can make these sweet bears-holding-hearts cookies. Just use a bit of icing between the two cookies to ‘glue’ them together.
5) Make potato heart stamps! Click here for some inspiration, but use a small heart cookie cutter to keep the heart shape.
6) Get active with this activity but instead of using circles, cut out heart shapes!
7) Cuddle up and watch a sweet movie!
No matter how you spend the day, I’m sure the kids will love it! Happy Valentine’s Day!