25 Days of Christmas – Advent Calendar Activities 2011
Once again I’m putting together our 25 Days of Christmas activity advent calendar. We’ve done this for a few years now, thanks to the creative blogger Andrea of A Peak inside the Fishbowl. (She has so many great family friendly ideas!).
This year, I found mini clothes pins to hang the cards and simply wrote the numbers on the clothes pin. For the ‘activities’, I cut squares out of last year’s Christmas cards that people sent to us and recycled those. I wrote the activity and pinned them on the yard that I attached to the bannister.
When the kids saw it, they went crazy and can’t wait until December 1!
Here are the activities for this year:
1. Write and mail letters to Santa.
2. Paint a paper Christmas tree for the wall.
3. Dessert for supper, supper for dessert!
4. Sing Jingle Bells – get a special chocolate treat
5. Make hot chocolate.
6. Select 2 toys to donate to other children who need toys.
7. Make a paper snowman for the wall. Play ‘pin the face on the snowman’
8. Play ‘guess the ornament’ on the tree
9. Sing Frosty the Snowman. Enjoy a special chocolate treat.
10. Play the ‘wrapping paper’ music game – find a surprise!
11. Make paper snowflakes and decorate the windows
12. Bake a batch of Christmas cookies.
13. Sing Rudolph. Enjoy a special chocolate treat.
14. Buy and Bring a toy to Toy Mountain
15. Make a list of ten things we are thankful for. Hang it where you can see it every day.
16. Play Christmas hide and seek with a Christmas bear! Can you find him?
17. Christmas PJ party! Stay in your pjs all day, watch Christmas shows, read Christmas stories and snuggle!
18. Bring Snow in the house to play in a bucket. Put some in the freezer, some in the fridge. What happens? Read the book ‘Snow’
19. Make and enjoy hot chocolate!
20. Make a paper chain for the mantel.
21. Bake Christmas cookies and deliver some to your friends and family
22. Sing We Wish you a Merry Christmas. Enjoy a special chocolate treat.
23. Bake and decorate Christmas cupcakes.
24. Unwrap one present (mommy and daddy get to pick which one)
25. It’s Christmas Day. Remember you have a family who loves you. And that’s the most important gift of all.
Minecraft Offline: More Minecraft ActivitiesApril 2nd, 2013
Preschool Activity: Counting and Letter MatchingNovember 12th, 2012
Halloween activities: What’s around OttawaOctober 25th, 2012
A Visit to Evergreen Brick Works – TorontoOctober 23rd, 2012
Hosting a Super Mario Party: Party DecorationsOctober 9th, 2012